Vote before MIDNIGHT, Monday, 10/9
We need to hear from YOU, our PTA Members on each of these issues so our delegates can represent our PTA voice. The links you need:
- Survey Link: Shoreline PTA Council Survey
- More info on the issues and current WA State PTA platform:
The WSPTA current short-term platform includes the following issues and your voice will help decide which issues to add. These positions help us advocate at both the state and district levels. So please take the survey ASAP.
- 2016-2018 WSPTA TOP 5 SHORT-TERM ISSUES:
- 1. Social Emotional Learning,
- 2. Amply Fund Basic Education,
- 3. Closing the Opportunity Gap,
- 4. Standards for Para-Educators
- 5. Breakfast After the Bell
- Also Supported Issues (Alphabetical order):Improving Educational Outcomes for Foster Children, Engaging Families in Student Success, Post-Secondary/Higher Education Access and Affordability, Removing Barriers to Implementing ECEAP (Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program) and Restorative Justice and School Safety (school discipline )
Next year, and all even years, a new Short-term platform will be determined. If there’s an issue important to you or our PTA, please contact Suzanne Gugger (firstname.lastname@example.org of the Shoreline Council PTA Legislative chair. New platform submissions due May 1, 2018.
Thank you for being a member of Highland Terrace PTA and for making your voice heard.
Leslie Boyd and Nicole Pickett
Highland Terrace PTA Co-Presidents
PS. Shoreline Council PTA is sponsoring a School Board Candidates Forum, on Thursday, Oct. 12 from 7-9pm at the Shoreline Center Conference Center. With so many issues facing our schools, this is an important event to attend.