Students can begin soliciting pledges today and start counting minutes, Monday, February 5! The Read-a-Thon ends on Sunday, February 25.
This is an opportunity for students to read while raising funds for PTA sponsored programs at Highland Terrace. Students challenge themselves to see how many minutes they can read in a three-week period, and then collect pledges in support of their efforts. There are many different ways to earn prizes.
- Reading dates: February 5–25, 2018.
- In-class reading minutes do not count towards your total.
- Students (with parent/guardian help and sign off) keep track of the minutes read on their Tracking Sheet, located on the back of the envelope.
- Students who read, but do not raise money, are still eligible to participate and win prizes.
- Pledge Envelopes & Tracking Sheets are due Tuesday, March 6 to be eligible for prizes.
- Independent reading – reading alone.
- Side-by-side reading – reading with a little help from someone.
- Picture reading – pre-readers and picture stories for beginning readers.
- Students may collect donations in one of two ways: 1) a specific amount or 2) ‘per minutes’ read.
- All donations need to be in the form of a check (no cash, please). Make checks payable to “Highland Terrace PTA”. One check may be submitted for the total amount. PayPal donations are also accepted on the PTA website (see www.highlandterracepta.org bottom of page yellow donate button for more information).
- All pledges must be collected and returned to school by Tuesday, March 6 to be eligible for prizes.